Windshield damage isn’t an uncommon issue for drivers to have, especially in Calgary where we can get struck by hail storms unexpectedly! Other causes of windshield damage is due to flying debris while driving, or shattered side windows due to break-ins.
You could either choose to go with a professional to get them repaired or attempt to do the job yourself. In this article, we look at the pros and cons of both methods and help you make that decision on how you would want to handle your windshield chip repairs.
When performing a windshield chip repair yourself, you might be able to save some money.
You have probably seen repair kits at stores, and ran searches on “how to” videos online. While there are plenty of helpful resources out there, here are some drawbacks to not having a professional handle your windshield chip repair:
- Repair kits only fix small cracks caused by things such as pebbles or loose gravel
- Larger cracks can be tricky as there could be damage to your windscreen
- If you make a mistake, you won’t be able to redo the filling of a windshield crack
- By attempting a DIY windshield chip repair, you risk voiding your vehicle’s warranty
So, while you might be thinking fixing it yourself can save time and money, it is important to consider if it’s worth the risks if not done properly!
Professional Chip Repair
The other option is to let a professional handle your Windshield chip repair.
Here at Super Auto Glass, we offer proper inspections before we replace any glass area of your vehicle. Whether your windshield was damaged due to a flying rock or shattered by a break-in, our team will work efficiently to ensure you’ll be back out driving safely! The pros of hiring us to do your windshield chip repair are:
● Prevent possible injuries caused by DIY repairs
● Thorough inspection and installation
● Mobile replacement services right at your doorstep!
Where to find quality windshield services in Calgary
While DIY Windshield chip repair can save time and money, that may be short-lived if not done properly and cause more headaches in the long run.
You won’t have to deal with the possible mess if a DIY procedure fails, and we guarantee to get your vehicle looking good as new!